The whole world is in the grip of corona-virus which is directly impacting the work. Due to lock down and social distancing, the demand for work from home is increasing. Now every company is working from work from home. Due to business requirements, video conferencing app Zoom has increase demand. Zoom app is a China-based video conferencing platform headquarter in California.
According to the report of the US-based app analytics Sensor Tower, “the Zoom app has become the 3rd most downloaded app in India after TikTok and Whatsapp.”
According to the source, more than 5 lakh account has been hacked, and data being sold on the dark web. Taiwan, Germany, and Singapore banned this app. NASA and SpaceX have asked their employees to avoid the Zoom app.
Ministry of home affairs warned video conferencing app zoom is not safe to use. The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) issued an advisory stating that some necessary precautions were taken while using a web conferencing app.
Follow these steps while using video conferencing.
- Create a new user id and password for each meeting.
- Check the privacy and security settings before hosting the meeting.
- Disable or limit the screen hosting of the meeting.
- Disable the Join feature before the meeting is hosted.
- If all participants join, then lock the meeting.
- After the web conference is over, the host erases all data from the server.